Tuesday, August 12, 2008

IB for this and next week

Dear IBer's/Ap'ers

AP on "A" day: Presidents start Monday! I choose four out of list, so you have 60% chance you will go Monday. You must recite all the presidents in order (first/last name) within 5 minutes in front of the class.

IB'ers:

Thursday, you will begin working on what is History Research skills? Do the work sheets printed/copied for you. Keep them for yourself for now. Eventually we will have books for all to use in a class set. Part of your Internal Assessment is a historiography research project of your choice. So, this is the first step to understanding "What is history?"

I will be back next Monday to school. Doctor told me to stay in bed, actually she rather "ordered" me (yikes). I brought home your papers and I will have them prepared by next week for a session on writing. Until then, do vocabulary and notes on Chapter 3 for next week. We will start working on our outside readings soon too! Be prepared for a streneous work load soon! Maps should be completed by now and in YOUR BINDER!

Dividers should be as follows:

Notes
Vocabulary
Handouts
Maps
Historiography
Quizes
Outside Readings
Essays
Study Guides

Try to buy some of these now if you can because there are lots of sales where these can be bought/made cheap.

Email me if you have questions at our IB gmail.